Saturday, August 8, 2009

Yo Gabba Gabba!


I don't often advertise stuff, but when I find something I really love, that I think others might also love, I want to pass it on.

Well, I should clarify: I don't really *love* this per se, but Kaylee sure does.


Yo Gabba Gabba is a young children's show on PBS Sprout on our cable, and Kaylee is MESMERIZED the entire time it's on. So much so that as soon as D.J. Lance walks onto the screen, she smiles and is totally sucked into the TV.
I love that it's hugely musical and teaches good values, self esteem, and social skills. I also love that it can instantly cure a tantrum or mischief.


There are some segments that are pretty hilarious... and there are some pretty fun guest stars, too. The show contains visuals reminiscent of 70's and 80's videogames, and there are tunes also reminiscent of the games... and there is a sort of techno undercurrent that helps move the show along. Also, the songs are sort of repetitive, which both helps the concepts be easy to learn, as they just vary the lyrics to similar songs. Kaylee always bops around to the music and watches intently. I am impressed to see a TV show hold the attention of a 9-11 month old. She's been watching it for a couple months.We have 17 episodes on our DVR if you need further convincing...

Go search out clips on You Tube. "There's a Party in my Tummy" is pretty fun...


Here's a couple links for more info:

http://yogabbagabba.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yo_Gabba_Gabba!

1 comment: