Monday, July 6, 2009

Eggs and teeth. And cuteness!

It's been another big week....

At Kaylee's doctor appointment last week, the pediatrician suggest we start giving her proteins and more table foods. Of course I'm paranoid and terrified that she'll choke, as she sometimes gags on anything with too much texture if I feed it to her on a spoon... but surprisingly, if she can feed herself small pieces, she seems to chew and gum on it and do OK eating it. We're still working out the mechanics of having a drink and a meal - Kaylee eats very well but doesn't seem to have a huge appetite for formula or juice or drinks - so I push bottles on her during the times in-between meals.

Tonight we decided to start her on real people food, and started with scrambled eggs. Since I didn't think one egg looked like much after I beat it with a fork, I added a second egg. She ate most of it by herself! And she seemed to enjoy it... We got some pics that also show her teeth. She has 6 in now, the two uppers have come down enough to see in pictures now, and she is chewing like there is no tomorrow so probably has 2-4 more teeth imminently approaching.

Kaylee showing off her mad egg eating skillz!

Look at my SIX teeth (and bits of egg!)

She's such a tall baby now.. she can reach up and grab my computer, the remote control, the phone, anything off my lap. And usually does so with great pleasure and giggles.

We had Shannon visit us for a few days last week as well, and here's a photo of Shanny and Kaylee. I think they enjoyed each other. Kaylee certainly seems to go to her cousins without hesitation.

Cousins Shannon and Kaylee

Taken by Shannon in the car en route to Presque Isle

For Independence Day we went to Canada to visit some of our relatives from Fredericton and from Red Deer at Georgine's grandparents. We did dress for the occasion, though.

Red, White, and Blue Jeans!

I just love Kaylee's ear to ear crinkly nose smiles she's been giving us...


Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment