Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Kaylee's First Sleepover

My mother got a last minute appointment for cataract surgery for this morning and needed someone to drive for her for the surgery as well as for the follow up (tomorrow), so Kaylee and I came over to Mom and Dad's last night, as we had an early start this morning.

I was a little nervous as I hadn't done the overnight visit thing with her yet - nervous that I would forget to pack something crucial, nervous that she wouldn't sleep well and would keep the entire household awake, nervous that I would be so tired I couldn't function well today (Ian usually takes the night shift with Kaylee at home).

She did really well! We brought her little co-sleeper bed from home with so she could sleep with me (and I could hear her start fussing rather than wake up after she started screaming from a room away), and she conked right out and slept to the halfway point, when she got a bottle, and then slept again until after I got up. I was able to get up and get ready and get her stuff all laid out and then wake her up.

And she wakes up with those amazing smiles like the one I posted a few posts ago. She's such a happy and content baby. We are so blessed.

So - sleepovers good. Traveling in car - good. Change in routine - good. Baby's flexibility - amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment