Monday, November 24, 2008

Musings...

Sometimes I don't know what to post besides "Kaylee is so CUTE!". I know there is much more to life in general than how cute our baby is... but I digress.

She has been vocalizing all week and it's so fun to watch her screw up her face and mouth trying to emulate us talking to her. She isn't quite giggling yet, but she's definitely into the cooing stage. I have heard her giggling in her sleep though, and it's hilarious. It's been very fun having a back and forth dialogue with her, even if she's just cooing softly - she is actually responding now, rather than just making random cooing noises. Watching a child develop and learn new things is so fascinating!

She is very flexible, routine-wise, as well. While at home, we sort of have a daily routine for eating, playing, and sleeping. When we travel, I try to keep her eating mostly to schedule, and she's OK if we're a *little* late on it, but she travels well and mostly sleeps well when away from home. My sleep, on the other hand - not so great, because I'm waiting for her to fuss. It might be different if I'm alone with her, so far it's been with someone else (not Ian) sharing a bed with me (OK, you guys - my MOM, or Kaylee in her co-sleeper - nobody else!!!)... so I've been trying to keep her from fussing or making enough noise to wake someone else's household up. Also, I'm used to sleeping in a separate room from her so I don't hear her little fussies, only the big totally awake fussing where she needs to be fed, soothed, or picked up. I'm also used to Ian being on night duty, so after two nights away from home, I am exhausted if I am doing it alone (like if Mom and I running away for a couple days). But as far as being in and out of the car, in and out of the carseat, in and out of her winter outerwear, being passed around to people who are strangers to her... she's totally fine with all of it.

She's growing so fast. Most of the time I'm very awed and excited by her developments, but sometimes I'm a little wistful as well. She's not a teeny tiny newborn any more - she's still a baby girl, but she's got those cute baby fat legs and baby barrel belly and chunky cheeks and double chin. And we both love kissing her all over and tickling her and spending time with her.

We are so blessed.

I have been trying to get a few things done yesterday and one of them was to make up a big order of pictures for printing. I found some of these gems while I was organizing. Enjoy!

Our little Teddy Bear - this is what I actually dressed her up in at Halloween.


Visiting with Aunt Courtney


Visiting with January & Rose (in January's arms)


Mom trying to console the bedtime fussies... she fell asleep about 3 seconds later...


Nana got Kaylee a new hat, but it's a little big right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment