Friday, January 1, 2010

Kaylee Loves TV

"Experts" sometimes say that children who watch TV are less intelligent than their peers. I say that those "experts" probably don't have toddlers.

I am thankful that there are dedicated channels for toddlers that play mostly educational, age-appropriate programming. My favorite channel for Kaylee is PBS Sprout. They play Sesame Street, which is my personal favorite... But Kaylee's favorite is on a Nick Jr. I don't care for most of their programming, but they play "Yo Gabba Gabba". She's in a trance when this show is on, and I know I have 20 minutes to myself when it starts playing - I can wash my hair, do dishes, get dressed, etc.

Anyway, enough about TV. Here are some cute pics of Kaylee watching TV. Oh, by the way, she *does* have several chairs of her very own, but now that she can climb, she seems to prefer OURS. Hehe... And we're still shopping for a couple of love seats, so there is a lot of floor space in the living room right now.

On with the cuteness:

Kaylee sitting just like an adult! Total relaxation...

Sitting at her small table and chairs set...

Sort of sitting... hehe.... she likes to climb up on the table
top and we're constantly telling her to "SIT DOWN!"

Sometimes she likes to sit in tiny spaces
that only her little butt will fit into...

I guess all babies love boxes? :)

Something is really making her smile here...

Here she is, in the rocking chair, smiling at
D.J. Lance Rock (on Yo Gabba Gabba)...

This is the day we had to take the shelf out of the bookcase.

She's starting to get tired here, decided
to lay on the floor to finish the show...

She was REALLY tired here. She has started putting
herself to sleep when she can't take it any more.

1 comment:

  1. Emma would watch TV too, and it did provide a nice little break. So far, Will is uninterested. BTW, they make a YGG bday party theme. :)

    ReplyDelete